Best Practices of Short Term Mission Teams
- The team leader(s) complete UMVIM team leader training.
- Comply with you Annual Conference Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Have appropriate health insurance for the mission.
- Register the team with either your Annual Conference or Jurisdictional Coordinator
- Serve with an UMVIM project or Global Ministries missionary.
How VIM Teams SERVE
UMVIM Teams are:
- Outreach ministries to people who are homeless, hungry, or in poverty;
- Medical, Dental and Health Care Volunteer Teams
- Construction teams that repair homes, schools, hospitals, churches especially after a disaster such as a hurricane or earthquake
- Disasters both through Early Response Teams (ERT) and Long Term Recovery (LTR) Teams
- Assisting with programs for children and youth, e.g., Vacation Bible School
- Teaching vocational skills.
How to Form a VIM Team
- Contact your Conference Coordinator for information or assistance to identify a site and trained team leader or
- Become a trained Team Leader
- Recruit team members
- Registered your team with the Conference for insurance, security and safe sanctuary purposes.
- Conduct team orientation
- Tell others about your team through a blog or Conference Newsletter.
- Tell your story when you return .