UMVIM Teams Include:
- Outreach ministries to people who are homeless, hungry, or in poverty
- Medical, Dental and Health Care Volunteer Teams
- Construction teams that repair homes, schools, hospitals, churches especially after a disaster such as a hurricane or earthquake
- Reponders to disasters both through Early Response Teams (ERT) and Long Term Recovery (LTR) Teams
- Assisting with programs for children and youth, e.g., Vacation Bible School
- Teaching vocational skills.
UMVIM has partnered with UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) to train and equip UMVIM volunteers who want to specialize in serving in disaster response ministry. Such trainings include ERT (Early Response Teams), Emotional & Spiritual Care, & Connecting Neighbors, among others.